Document Decisioning: Predictive Coding, Concept Search,
Document Clustering, Computer-Assisted Revew and more
The amount of electronic data being saved continues to grow exponentially.
The costs of dealing with finding information within this volume must be contained.
Enter the OrcaTec Document Decisioning Suite™
Using the OrcaTec Document Decisioning Suite, enterprises can alleviate these problems; reducing the time, cost and effort of categorizing, analyzing and retrieving documents by 90% or more. Statistically appropriate culling capabilities for an unlimited number of documents. Advanced visual analytics. Concept search and more than 25 other search capabilities. Review in the same tool. Accurate, defensible results. That’s OrcaTec.
This is The Ultimate Decisioning Machine™. All-in-one, end-to-end eDiscovery, smarter predictive coding, concept search, early case assessment and review, all in one place and built to work together.
The OrcaTec Document Decisioning Suite consists of three main groups of tools that work in any language, removing all irrelevant data quickly and efficiently until only relevant documents remain, and then allowing those documents to be reviewed for production:
The predictive coding in the Global Aerospace case is the only predictive coding ever to pass judicial muster. Transparent, defensible, unique; the most accurate predictive coding being used today has no need for keywords or seed documents.
- Random sampling means no guessing or negotiating about what might be found in the document set or how to set up the keywords or seed set to find discoverable information. With OrcaPredict’s random sampling, the document set speaks for itself.
- No cutoff score means no arguments about boundaries of production and no requirements that lawyers be information scientists. OrcaPredict simply learns the choices of the reviewer and matches them. If the reviewer is generous with whether documents are responsive, the computer will be generous. If the reviewer is stingy, the computer will be, too.
- A single reviewer means consistency in training the system, and the reasonable number of documents required by OrcaPredict actually makes using a single reviewer practical.
- OrcaPredict reduces document sets needing attorney review by an average of 93%.
- OrcaPredict yields high accuracy: Documents the computer predicts will be responsive have been found on review to actually be responsive an average of 90% of the time (90% precision).
- Works in any language. OrcaTec has proven high accuracy in English and in such diverse languages as German, French, Arabic and Japanese.
- Statistically accurate QC with samples as small as 400 documents.
- Keystroke tracking, so if a court asks which documents were chosen as responsive and which non-responsive, a transparent, defensible log can be generated.
- OrcaPredict means fewer documents to review, provable consistency and statistical defensibility
OrcaTec has more than 25 different ways to search your data set, including Concept Search built by the man who fathered it.
- Patent-pending, visual Concept Search (sometimes called conceptual searching) shows you documents with the same context in this document set – documents you didn’t even know to look for.
- Search Suggestions assist you in distinguishing special spellings, or unfamiliar words or names, substantially improving the “findability” of documents.
- Spelling Variations is useful for identifying similarly spelled words or words that are commonly misspelled.
- Advanced Search Queries allows for drag and drop, automatically writing a detailed query for you. It eliminates the guessing of how to get to information and makes anyone an advanced query writer.
- The Interesting Phrases feature provides a summary list of distinctive words and phrases particular to the individual document or group of documents that can be used as part of a topic search, and suggests further search terms that can be used to negotiate with during the Meet and Confer, thereby optimizing workflow.
Visual interfaces with tools like automated Clustering, Timelines and Social Network Sonar allows you to see how documents and people relate to each other. Usable at any time in the review process, these visual analytics give a much better handle on who was communicating with whom about what and when.
- Patent-pending, visual, document Clustering technology automatically identifies similar documents and groups them, allowing document review by topic, otherwise known as topic search or topic-based search. Cluster relevance can then be determined by examining only one or a few of the documents in the cluster.
- Groupings of like clusters will visually bunch together on the display, enabling the reviewer to include or exclude multiple topics at once.
- OrcaCluster allows the same document to be in more than one cluster, so the chances of a document being missed because it is miscategorized are minimized. Excluding an email because it is part of a football pool or a lunch plan will not exclude that part of the email that discusses the offshore accounts.
- Documents within a cluster are visually displayed across a date timeline, as well as social sonar showing who communicated with whom on the cluster subject.
- Cluster labels can be used in Rule 26(f) conferences to identify key terms.
Issue and privilege tagging, review and redaction of the results, review analytics and priv logs, are all located in the same software you used to understand your documents to develop your strategy.
- Tagging can be done on whole families of documents, search results, email threads and/or near-dupes.
- Express tags allow document tagging without opening the tag tree.
- Documents can be assigned for review, marked as privileged, or put in folders as early as first-pass review.
- OrcaReview's redaction allows documents to be redacted using color coding, reviewed in full screen and even rotated before production.
- The rest of the Document Decisioning Suite can continue to be used during review, including Concept Search, Clustering and Sonar.
To learn more, call us now for a detailed no-risk conversation at 888-335-2200, Ext. 2
Ask about making automated email archives usable with OrcaTec Echo™, powered by the OrcaTec Document Decisioning Suite